You might be wondering what you should do with your life when you realize that your purpose is getting far away from you. As humans, we are more able if we have a sense of our purpose in life.
This kind of purpose was working in our lives but we are not always observant about these signs. The following are things to consider to know what you should do with your life:
Be Grateful You Have this Important Option in the First Place
You should be happy that you are living in a generation where you can choose your purpose in life and be happy about it. You can choose and let yourself be open to possibilities that can happen in your doorstep.
You should take any opportunity that comes your way. This option can be very valuable for you in the long run since you will be more aware of what you need to do in life.
Stop Doing This Method to Yourself
You need to stop following what other people are doing to make sure that you can find your passion. You need to stop getting pressured in finding what you should do with your life.
Instead, you should follow your own method, whatever works for you. You can do this by doing this search independently with some subtle guides from people who care about you.
The Important Formula for Figuring Out What to Do With Your Life
There are some things that you need to consider when you are looking for that thing that you should do with your life. One thing is you shouldn’t depend on this test only since your purpose is more complicated than that.
You should also consider the fact that you are going to face a lot of failures along the way which can debilitate you from searching your purpose but in the end, these mistakes are small steps you need to take. You should also consider the fact that self-help books or motivational speakers can’t help you on their own since most of the work will be done by you.
Find What You Love and Let it Kill You In Your Life
Doing what you love will bring sacrifices along the way. You need to take this into clear account.
It’s like a relationship where there will be its ups and downs and the context of the relationship will determine its downfall. This teaching is making you learn that you should focus on the journey and not the end goal.
Escape Society’s Box In Your Life
You shouldn’t let yourself be hindered by the fact that society should give you a role. You shouldn’t also consider that this role from society identifies with you completely.
You are the only one who will identify your purpose in life and what you should do about it. You need to consider the fact that society is not always right in its teachings about individualism of each person.
You’ll Never “Figure Out” What to do With Your Life Which Is A Fact
There is no simple plan that will indicate what you should do with your life. It really depends on where your actions take you.
If you want to start a business, you should be resourceful and find things or food that you can do for selling. If you want to help others, volunteering could be the first step to your lifelong purpose.
What Should I Do With My Life Quiz
This quiz will indicate what you should be doing with your life. You might be wondering about this when you notice that you are having some difficulties getting through what you should be doing with your life.
Instructions: The following questions will indicate what you should do with your life. Please read the questions carefully and answer the choice that applies to you in each question. Please answer the questions honestly to get an accurate result.
Does seeing blood disturb you?
- Yes – 1
- No, because I want to work in the medical field – 3
- No, because I want to investigate crime scenes – 2
- Yes, I don’t want to deal with people – 4
How would you respond when there is a natural disaster?
- I would run for my life and collect supplies for myself – 1
- I would look for people to take care of in an evacuation centre – 3
- I want to help in guiding people in the evacuation centre and promoting peace while doing it – 2
- I want to capture the beauty of the natural disaster through writing or painting – 4
What would you do on a lazy Saturday afternoon?
- Eat and be lazy – 1
- Finding some opportunities for volunteer work – 3
- Writing, painting or doing something creative – 4
- Improving my investigation skills or studying laws – 2
Do you envision yourself in a home separated from your loved ones?
- Yes, because I will be protecting them from danger because of this – 2
- No, I have to take care of them – 3
- No, I need someone else to take care of me when I need it – 1
- Yes, because I need privacy for my creative projects – 4
Which of the following personalities do you have?
- Caring, supportive, and loving – 3
- Lazy, goes with the flow, and calm – 1
- Artistic, innovative, and intuitive – 4
- Logical, cautious, and brave – 2
Which of the following TV shows would you prefer?
- Criminal Minds – 2
- Dr. House – 3
- Project Runway – 4
- Sports shows – 1
What’s your favourite movie genre of all time?
- Sad – 3
- Something inspiring – 4
- Something that involves a character with a procrastinating flaw – 1
- Thriller and Crime – 2
Which of the following self-help books would you read?
- Health – 3
- Art – 4
- Crime – 2
- Psychological – 1
How do you solve a conflict?
- I follow my intuition or gut – 4
- I follow logic and practicality – 2
- I follow the flow of the situation – 1
- I follow what others want to happen – 3
Which of the following traits do you find admirable in others?
- Kind – 3
- Cool under pressure – 1
- Open-minded – 4
- Strong – 2
Total scoring criteria
31 – 40 – do some art projects
21 – 30 – work in the medical field
11 – 20 – work in the legal field
5 – 10 – do whatever life throws at you
Ayo, the Author. How to Decide What to Do With Your Life.