In this blog post, we talk about twin flame separation, the reasons behind it and how to overcome such pain.
What are twin flames?
The “twin flame” is said to be our missing part, the masculine (if you are a woman) or feminine (if you are a man) aspect that would compliment us perfectly.
It is said that with them we could experience unearthly happiness, the nectar of the Gods…
This is the romanticized version of this concept at least, because, mainly, the purpose of meeting your twin flame is to accelerate your spiritual evolution.
It’s not a blessing to share your life with your Twin Flame.
The meeting is memorable, with sparks of passion and desire, ecstatic physical experiences, the feeling that you are in the arms of the Divinity, that you are “home”. But, because there is always a but….
Don’t forget that our twin flame comes to challenge us, to cause us a radical change of perception, an increase in the level of consciousness and personal vibration, a reconnection of the cerebral hemispheres, the balancing of the mind and body.
Why do Twin Flames separations happen?
The relationship between the twin flames implies an energetic attraction different from everything you knew could exist between a man and a woman, beyond sympathy, sexual attraction, desire, romantic love, higher-level connection, beyond… everything you have seen in the movies.
And it is not by chance that, when you meet your twin flame, everything that is not love, light or truth, tends to come to the surface to be cleansed, healed.
And if it weren’t for this attraction we would tend to avoid these healings, we would move as far away from that person as we could because the healing work is terribly hard and no one would want to do it willingly.
After the passionate initial meeting usually comes a period of separation, which you could have not predicted in the perfection of the moment you lived.
It surprises you, it hurts, it makes you feel awful.
What usually happens is that one of the partners (the runner) leaves/refuses to get involved / cuts off any form of communication with the other.
He or she hides, no longer answers the phone, cannot be found, etc. It can happen as a result of constant fighting, a dispute or even without a specific reason.
The chaser, the other partner, remains in the agony of unanswered questions, the main one being, of course: “why?”
In 95% of cases, it is the woman who is the first to realize, who notices this divine connection and who creates the space for it to develop and yes, she is usually “the chaser” or the “pursuer”, and the man is the fugitive ”,“ The runner ”.
- Acceptance, support and unconditional love are more easily accessed by the feminine divine, who is more conscious, more intuitive, more connected to the frequency of this new type of relationship
- Usually, women feel certain physical signs in their body, which gives them the certainty that there is something different and very special in the “twin” partner – tremors, shivers, twitching of certain muscles in the body, unusual sensations in the body
- Sometimes men feel flattered by the woman’s attention and immediately access their ego and go to a comfort zone. Therefore they do not notice the vibration, the depth and the special dynamics of the new relationship, they only feel annoyance and violation of personal space
- Men are taught by the society in which we live to always remain in their mind and to suppress their emotions, to bury them deep in the subconscious. They no longer realize that they need to heal too.
- The feeling that you are losing yourself in a relationship is uncomfortable for the male ego that does not want to lose his freedom
- A twin flame relationship doesn’t make much sense for the logical and rational mind of a man
- Sometimes the “fugitive” feels that he does not deserve such love or does not support the intensity of feelings and then the ego will create a lot of reasons why he should not trust the relationship, and return to his initial “freedom”
- The spiritual awakening that turns one’s life upside down in unexpected and destabilizing ways, it’s scary.
What happens to the one that stays?
After the “fugitive” leaves the relationship, the one that stays tries to understand where he/ she went wrong, what is wrong with him / her, what could have been done better, how can they improve in appearance, behavior, skills so that they can bring the fugitive back into the relationship.
Another thing is facing all the judgments of family or friends who consider him / her crazy because, after all the embarrassing or painful situations, he / she still believes wholeheartedly that the “fugitive” will return and they will live happily ever after.
Because she feels with all her being that the “fugitive” is the chosen one, she will not give up the fight and will start “harassing” the other with visits, phone calls, emails, letters, messages.
The more insistent the “pursuer” is, the more the “fugitive” moves away and becomes more distant, colder.
For some couples, the separation can last weeks, months or even years. The good part is that, in this time, the partners can do a powerful cleansing and work with one’s ego.
Only then, after working on themselves, after becoming the best versions of themselves, the two flames can reunite again.
Sometimes the one who stays gets tired of waiting, tired to suffer after the one who has left.
The pain is too great, and at some point he/she decides to continue their life with someone else. But their soul will always be looking for its twin.
While separated, one has to start a healing process. Without the healing, the twin flames cannot be together again.
Sometimes there are more than one separations, which usually are shorter and shorter in time, because the healing gets easier.
The separation will not last a second longer than necessary but what makes it repeat itself is the anxiety of separation, trying to control everything , running after the one that got away.
Instead of chasing your partner, it is better to turn to yourself, to focus on working with yourself, on becoming a better person.
At a certain point in time, when both of you will be ready – emotionally, mentally, physically, and energetically ready – you will most definitely meet again.
But you need time apart first, for this to happen.
Separation is not entirely a bad thing. It is something natural, part of the process and this is what we need in order to become better people and to understand our meaning in this world.
It’s not a punishment, it’s actually helpful. We just need to learn to be patient and not rush this soul connection if we want the relationship to be sustainable in the long run and both partners to enjoy it.
In conclusion, I would like to emphasize a very important aspect: this type of relationship involves a huge service to humanity and a certain personal mission, because the more you cleanse your limiting beliefs and your shadow, the deeper you heal traumas, old sufferings, the more you break down the old forms of codependent romantic relationships and lay the foundations of the new enlightened relationships, the higher not only your personal vibration but also that of the whole world, for we are all interconnected.
Please feel to leave any comments on the content or ask any question you may have about twin flame separation.
FAQ about twin flame separation
How long does twin flame separation last?
How long a twin flame separation lasts, it depends on the couple, as each experience is individual. Some say that on average, the separation lasts 1 to 2 years.
But that is not necessarily true, as we cannot really know how much two people will be separated. It may last a year, it may last several years. Or less…
Why does twin flame separation hurt so much?
Twin flame separation hurts as much as any other separation.
When we break up with someone we start a grieving process, we are reminded that we are forever and we can even be easily replaced.
It is especially hard to break up with someone you truly feel you have a special connection with.
Do twin flames have to go through separation?
Sometimes twin flames have to go through separation as their encounter is hard to manage, in the first place.
For some, it is said to be too much, too difficult to handle. However, there is no general rule. It really depends on what type of souls are they.
How do you know your twin flame is thinking of you?
You know your twin flame is thinking of you when you start to feel powerful and loved all of a sudden. Twin flames are connected on a deeper level.
Can Twin Flames be toxic?
Twin flames can be toxic, but so can any other types of relationships.
Sometimes we can’t seem to understand one person, no matter how hard we try or how many sacrifices we make.
You have to know that sometimes it is better to let one go. And perhaps you will meet again, in different circumstances, as different people.
- Twin Flames Exposed: Why Most of What You Think You Know About Twin Flames Isn’t True…and How Understanding the Truth is the Key to Being with Your Twin Flame in this Lifetime
- Twin Flames: Finding Your Ultimate Lover
- Same Flames: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Mastering the Twin Flame Path
- 1 – Twin Flame meditations to help you understand, heal & grow
- Twin Flame Union Guided Journal: 60 Days of Gratitude and Self Reflection – Journal Prompts for Clearing Blocks and Opening Up to Harmonious Twin Flame Union
- Twin Flame Code Breaker: 11:11 KEY CODES The Secret to Unlocking Unconditional Love & Finding Your Way Home
The Twin Flame Handbook, by Josephine Smoke